11 November 2004

Oh my god... So much things to tell...


I have been disconnected during 3 weeks approximately. It was due to a
problem with my computer. He wants to go to Russia on winter holidays,
and I don't have enough money and time to go...

Finally we have reconciled, and we are together again. But in our
relation sth. has changed a lot. Before I was working for him, and now
he works for me. Yes, your ears don't tell lies. After a lot of time
trying to migrate to Linux, after 2 projects over Linux, after a lot of
experiences,..... It has happened!!! And the reason was a mix of
reasons, but the most important was an accident...

I was attempting to install a new distro of Linux on my laptop, and
during the tests of one or other configuration, partitions, boot agents,
etc. my cdrom started to fail and after break the partitions table the
cdrom broke. So I was with a laptop with a empty hard disk, and without
cdrom, i.e. without possibility to install anything....

No problem, I tried to boot from the network ( I learnt very good how
to do it on my last project), and the computer tell me a error message,
so strange that I think that it doesn't know how to do it (stupid!!).

In that moment a great adventure started. I broke my head attempting to
boot from a lot of devices (from my mobile (it had the operating system
inside a SD card), from a mp3-usb player (of a friend of me, I almost
break it... :o| ), and finally... Tired of no progress, I tried again
with the network and I discovered some mistakes (really it was lack of
knowledge).

I was able to boot from the network, execute over a server, and read
the cdrom of the server and install sth. That sth. is KANOTIX, my new
Linux distribution. It is based on Debian and is son of Knoppix, and is
wonderful.

Well, I have to make some homeworks and go bed.

This weekend I'll go to SIMO ( http://www.simo.ifema.es ), to learn how
is the actual market going.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Too Cool for Internet Explorer