22 November 2012

Script for Autokey


Autokey for Linux is an incredibly useful tool for anyone who types several hours a day.


I just did my first script.

Sometimes I need to create text lists, for clarify purposes, like the next one

--------------------------
Q1

--------------------------
Q2

--------------------------
Q3


And then I would fill them.

With this script, you can select the text up to the Q, then run the script from Autokey and it will create the list for you from 0 to 9.


text = clipboard.get_selection()
for x in xrange(10):
    keyboard.send_keys(text+str(x))
    keyboard.send_keys("\n")



If I need more, then I just select the text below and it will create Q10 to Q19. Simple.

--------------------------
Q1

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Too Cool for Internet Explorer