16 August 2022

Keyboard Shortcuts in Chrome / Firefox / Waterfox

There is a very nice extension for creating shortcuts in Chrome / Chromium.

Shortkeys
https://github.com/crittermike/shortkeys

I have the following combinations (sometimes more, sometimes less)



However, as the extension explains (I just noticed recently), there is a more powerful way to create shortcuts, however it doesn't accept any key combination.





So I went to chrome://extensions/shortcuts

and there I re-created the same shortcuts, within the Shortkeys extension (important, you can only map shortcuts enabled by the extension)

(some examples)



and here are new ones and favourite of mine


LOCATION: Search Google for selected text



UTILITY: Capture full size screenshot (max height is 16,348px due to browser limitation)
UTILITY: Force capture full size screenshot (when window is not scrollable)

It is a pity I cannot specify here special keys like 'only the numeric keyboard' (you can within the Extension settings), but I would rather make the shortcuts more 'available / consistent'.



For Waterfox / Firefox I use Vimium


With similar mappins



# Insert your preferred key mappings here.
unmapAll
map <c-right> nextTab
map <c-left> previousTab
map <c-up> removeTab
map <c-down> restoreTab

map <c-.> goBack
map <c-/> goForward


map <c-0> createTab
map <c-1> openCopiedUrlInNewTab
map <c-2> Vomnibar.activateInNewTab
map <c-3> Vomnibar.activate
map <c-4> Vomnibar.activateEditUrlInNewTab


There is however one key combination (2 actually) that I had to create within the Operating System (Linux / LXDE)
  • Whatever is selected (or in clipboard) > Open in a new Waterfox tab
  • Whatever is selected (or in clipboard)> Open in a new Waterfox window
It works inside / outside browsers. It is a huge time saver.




I hope you (or me in the future) find this useful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Too Cool for Internet Explorer