12 June 2006

Last day in Hungary / First day in Spain

Well, this is a long story. Mainly because this 'day' really was 2 days
joined.

It started on Friday-9-Jun. I woke up at 8am to finish packing my things.
Later Radboud appear on my house to say a last goodbye (almost). Then, at
10:30 we met on his office and that was the really last goodbye. He gave me a
gift, the same that he gave to Dylan, a photo inside a frame.

Then, I went back home to continue packing and at 13h Gyury come to my house
to say goodbye and to take the ham and the holder that I wanted give to him.
He also accompany me to send another box with clothes by post.

After that, a last round with the bike on the center, give back a book and
check the place where I would have to take my 'shuttle-bus'.

During the afternoon somebody surprised me with a visit and a bottle of wine.
Zsolt, the volunteer who worked with me on the first radio appear at my house
together with his girlfriend and the bottle. Oh my good... I am taking
medication and you come with alcohol... In the begginning I didn't want to
drink too much, but we started to talk (mainly me) and drinking and talking
we finish the bottle.

Peter called me. He wanted to track my movements because he forgot the key of
the flat and he was not sure at what time he would arrive home.

Finally I waited and waited for him, then shower, dinner (at 23:40h) and ....
I wanted to spend my last hours on Debrecen dancing like crazy on the discos
near my house, but thanks to Peter I had only one hour. Doesn't matter, with
the omelet still going down I went to dance to Pince and Basis. It's funny, I
paid the ticket of Basis only to dance 30 min, but anyway, I enjoyed a lot.

At 01:00 am I was at home, take some food, and my luggage and go to TESCO to
take my shuttle-bus. When I walked 10 meter with my luggage I was exhausted,
but lucky me, It was Friday and my street is plenty of taxis because of the
discos on it. One taxi to TESCO and then wait.

At 2:00am the shuttle-bus appear like a shuttle-van. I was the only one so I
sitted together with the driver. He told me that he just wake up after
sleeping during 3 hours on the van. He was yawning and me scared.

During the 3 hours trip to Budapest airport the music was present on the car
all the time. Sometimes very aloud but it was the way the driver use to keep
himself awake. At least the music was fine for me.

Then wait on the airport, check in and flight to London Standsted. During the
check-in I had to fight with the woman. She wanted me to pay as if I carry a
bike and my bike folded has the dimmensions of a normal package and for that
reason I didn't want to pay extra.

The dialog was something like this: (W=Woman R=Ruben)
W. What is inside the box?
R. A bike?
W. You have to go there and check it as a ....
R. No no!! This is NOT A BIKE.
W. What is inside?
R. I don't know. This is just a box.
W. If this is a bike you have to ....
R. THIS IS A BOX with the permitted dimensions and I don't know what is
inside.
W. Do you want to flight?
R. Yes, Igen.
W. I can see the sticker of a bike.
R. You can see the sticker of a elephant if you want. THIS IS A BOX with the
permitted dimensions.

Finally... I got it. Normal box, no extra pay. }:o)

Then in the airport in London I spend many hours waiting and finally the time
of my check in arrived. (M=Man R=Ruben)

M. What is inside?
R. An iron structure.
M. The box says that it contains a bike.
R. The box can say whatever he wants, you are asking me and I said AN IRON
STRUCTURE.
M. Ok.

I was really tired and I didn't want to fight for long time.

On the queue I found a guy from my city and we stay together until we arrive
to Santander. He was a Doctor that went to London for some days to prepare a
English exam. Nice guy. I am really thank that he stay with me otherwise if I
am alone I could fall sleeping anywhere.

Finally all my luggage my bike and me arrived safe to Santander. It was a
sunny day with 24 degrees (here it's quite hot because of the humidity).

Well, so this 48h-day was my last/first day in Hungary/Spain.
I could have pictures, but I was very tired to be taking pictures... ]:o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Too Cool for Internet Explorer