30 May 2017

Changing the DATE format within Whatsapp messages in Android

(note: what is written here is from my experience/opinion, using findings valid as of 2017-May-30)

Problem:
You see the date asĀ  DD/MM/YY or MM/DD/YY and you want it the other way around.

Issue:
Whatsapp doesn't read the DATE format settings from Android's DATE FORMAT settings, but rather adjust it depending on the LANGUAGE set for Android interface.

Solution:
- If you want DD/MM/YY change the LANGUAGE of Android to English (UK)
- If you want MM/DD/YY change the LANGUAGE of Android to English (USA)


Settings > Language & Input > Language

I hope it helps.


11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanx man. this helped me

11:54 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, this works for me. I prefer having this over having "color" instead of "colour" and such, I can live with that. But really there should always be an option to enable ISO 8601 date formatting, which is YYY-MM-DD in short form.

9:09 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*YYYY

9:10 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MM/DD/YY is just wrong, so wrong.

1:20 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I mean if you like to list month day year instead of the order used in the rest of the world please don't use numbers for month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
December 10 2019 would be fine but 12/10/2019 is not the same but the 12th of October.
Use YYYY-MM-DD if DD/MM/YYYY is not logical for you and it needs to be all numbers.

1:30 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This worked for me. Thanks a lot Ruben = GENIUS. I searched google a lot and almost NO ONE has given the right solution, as to how to change the date format on Whatsapp.

In future, can I contact you via email or whatsapp for any specific computer related issues. Please unworry, won't contact you daily or weekly. I am a Senior Citizen and sometimes need help with specific computer issues. Thanks again and God bless you.

10:06 am  
Blogger Saida Rao said...

Changing the language option available in android (not whatsapp). Whatsapp can read the changes in android. Working fine. Thanks

7:20 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you very much bro, THAT helped me a lot!!!

8:04 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ruben, thank you so much for this tip. I would never have thought of looking outside WhatsApp to do this change of date format MM/DD/YYYY is SO confusing!!

6:31 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the tip. God bless!

7:57 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Plzz change

3:12 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Too Cool for Internet Explorer