23 March 2007

I am not the only one!!!

Since some years ago, when my life becomes busy, I like to have some folded
papers on my pocket with notes, agenda, calendar, appointments, etc...

Everything a bit messed but every time trying to make it better... And now,
while searching for a solution to the weekly agenda that I can't find in my
city, I found this web where with a program on flash you can configure your
paper-agenda. It comes with explanations about the folding and a lot of
templates... Wonderful I must say!!
http://www.pocketmod.com/app/index.html

There are more people like me that carry papers on the pocket instead of a
heavy PDA. Although I call it PDA too (Papel De Apuntar) :O)

I never though that I would be the only one, but I never though that there were so many people researching about such a simple but useful thing. Surprised.

---- Update:

I noticed that the flash program send your configured paper directly to the printer, so you can't choose how or where you want to print it. And because I haven't a printer, I searched for a solution.

Since the beginning, I can print things to pdf files, but that options doesn't exist out of KDE applications because it's not like a real printer. But the package cups-pdf create a pdf printer that seems like a real one for all the applications and computers connected to the CUPS server. After install and configure it, now I can print the output to pdf files and manipulate as much as I want :o9 That's one of the benefits of Linux, you have no limits, no restrictions.

Here the link for the package:

http://www.cups-pdf.de/


The first configuration was not successful. But searching a bit and joining the results, finally it works.

Basically:

- Add a printer / Virtual PDF / Model: Postscript

- Check CUPS server on http://localhost:631 (start the printer)

- Configure /etc/cups/cups-pdf.conf I modified some values about the file names.



--
One day like today,
Mar 23 Rückgabe des Memelgebietes an Deutschland, 1939
Mar 23 N'oubliez pas les Victorien !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Too Cool for Internet Explorer