30 March 2007

About personalised calendars.

I've spent a few hours trying to make my own weekly calendar using all sort
of tools and programs, but the final result is not as good as I expected.

Anyway, to don't forget what I have learned, here is the summary:

Programs:
# remind
# rem2ps
# gozer
# remind
# convert
# makediary
# pcal
# cal

All these programs make much more things that what I'll say, but I am going to
comment only the results for what I was looking for, the weekly calendar
agenda. Specifically I want something similar to the agenda that I got when I
was living in Debrecen (Hungary).

With remind you can print out weeks or months. Used with rem2ps the output is
nicer and in Postscrip.

With gozer and convert you can convert text to pictures.

With pcal you can produce very nice monthly and year calendars.

With makediary you can print different kind of templates with the dates of the
year you want.

The closer I got using just commands is the output to this command:

remind -c+1 -m -w,12 /dev/null 1 jun 2007 | enscript -B -f Courier@12 -o - |
convert - -trim juntotrim.png

But that is not very good.

--
Last night I dreamed I ate a ten-pound marshmallow, and when I woke up
the pillow was gone.
-- Tommy Cooper

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hola ruben!

busco casi totalmente desesperada via hc una posibilidad para quedarme con mi prima 4 noches en dublin, de 17.08 a 21.08.. somos alemanas, yo estudio en berlín y quería pasar unos días con mi prima en esta ciudad. sería muy muy feliz escuchar algo de ti, quizas conoces otras opportunidades, si no es posible en tu casa, sabes otros lugares?
saludos
andrea

9:48 pm  
Blogger Ruben }:o) said...

Escribeme a mi correo. No se el tuyo ni tampoco tu nombre de usuario en el HC, con lo que no te puedo responder.

9:55 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Too Cool for Internet Explorer